The Steampunk world is one filled with romanticism, imagination, and fantasy! After coming to life in the '80s, the Steampunk movement has continually been on the rise in pop culture, namely in the fashion world.
The Steampunk aesthetic combines retro, romance, and revolution, and people just can't seem to get enough of this trend.
After gaining momentum in the high-fashion world, it didn't take long for Steampunk-inspired clothing to trickle down into the mainstream fashion world and to become available for all Steampunk lovers (like us!).
Because Steampunk fashion combines so many intricate and detailed elements, it can be tricky to know exactly where to start when making this movement your own!
Accessories are a huge part of what makes Steampunk the unique aesthetic that it is, so to give you a push in the right direction, we have compiled a list of 5 Steampunk accessories that we think are must-haves for your Steampunk-inspired wardrobe!
1. Steampunk Goggles. We're starting our list off strong with one of our favorite elements of the Steampunk aesthetic - bold, retro goggles.
A symbol of industry in the Victorian age, these goggles are a nod to the steam engines and machines of the past (and they look super cool).
2. The Steampunk Top Hat. It wouldn't be Steampunk without a top hat! The Steampunk top hat combines the traditional trend of the top hat in the Victorian age, often decorated with materials and designs that allude to the technological revolution.
You can let your imagination run wild here with this example of detailed creativity pictured below. This is an opportunity to really make the look your own!
3. The Steampunk Corset. Because the Steampunk movement is so rooted in the Victorian age, it makes sense that the corset would be a must-have Steampunk accessory!
What makes a corset a Steampunk corset is the use of bold elements such as buckles, belts, and studs, and to give you an idea of what we mean, take a look at our beautiful Atomic Black Brocade Steel Boned Underbust Corset!
This corset makes the absolute perfect Steampunk accessory with all of the standard Steampunk elements being represented. This is a great go-to corset for your Steampunk fantasies and will give any of your outfits that extra pop!
Click on the image below to be taken to its purchase page on our website.
4. The Steampunk Necklace. Finding the perfect Steampunk-inspired jewelry can really take your Steampunk look to the next level! We love a bold, statement necklace like the ones pictured below, that last finishing touch to really Steampunk you up.
We have a lot of beautiful jewelry on our website, but we really can't get enough of this Atomic Bronze Steampunk Beetle Necklace pictured below! It just screams Steampunk with its intricacy and fantasy, the perfect statement piece to complete your ensemble.
We sell this beautiful piece on our website for $39, also in copper and silver finishes. Click on the image below for a closer look!
5. The Steampunk Bag. Last but not least, the Steampunk bag is an accessory that has the boldness to really step up your Steampunk game, no matter which outfit you choose!
This bag has an undeniable toughness to it and combined with the softer and more feminine elements of the Victorian age, it will make you feel like the powerful, revolutionary woman that you truly are.
Take a look at our Atomic Brown Leather Holster Bag! Although pictured here around the hip, this bag has the versatility to transform into a shoulder holster bag, as well as a cross-body purse.
The belts, buckles, and chains make it so incredibly Steampunk and the opportunity to switch up the structure of the bag makes it the perfect piece to complete any Steampunk look your heart desires!
Click on the image above to head on over to our website and purchase this piece for only $75!
There You Have It!
Although there are a lot more accessories where these came from, we find these 5 featured Steampunk accessories to be absolute staples when building your Steampunk wardrobe.
We hope we've inspired you to really take this movement into your own hands and make it completely your own!
Still not completely sure what the Steampunk movement is all about? Looking for a little more direction? Be sure to check out our Steampunk Fashion: What Exactly Is It? post for a deeper dive into this fantasy-driven world and all the elements that make it so special!
We've featured a couple of items from our website here, but you can check out the rest of our Steampunk stuff to gather even more inspiration for your perfect look.
As always, please feel free to contact us at support@atomicjaneclothing for any questions or comments about this post or anything in general. We look forward to hearing from you!
Until next time, happy shopping Atomic (and Steampunk) fans!